Any NHS organisation can access support from NHS IMAS
To find out how NHS IMAS can help your organisation, please contact the team by phone on 0113 486 0132, email us or complete our online form below to discuss your requirements.
As we develop the scope of the assignment with you, we will discuss the following areas:
- job description or high level brief
- duration of support required
- the budget
As we are committed to growing and developing NHS talent, NHS IMAS will always prioritise using NHS pool members before opening the search to independent pool members.
Here's some examples of assignments supported by NHS IMAS:
- Head of ICS Development to support the delivery of transformational change across Integrated Care Systems (ICS)
- Specialist Clinical Quality Advisor for a National Programme to improve data collection diagnostic pathways
- Organisational Assurance Director at an Ambulance Service NHS Trust to assist with Board level reset and recovery
- Deputy Director of Improvement for an Acute Trust to develop its cultural and organisational improvement programmes
- Director of Transformation at an NHS Foundation Trust to deliver transformation and informatics expertise to increase overall elective recovery
- Turnaround Programme Director at a Commissioning organisation to deliver system savings by transforming a hospital discharge service
1. How do I apply to become an NHS IMAS pool member?
NHS IMAS welcomes applications from all those working in the NHS at Agenda for Change (AfC) band 8d and above. We also accept applications from those currently working at AfC band 8c who are ready for their first AfC band 8d role, and independent contractors with recent senior level experience within the NHS. If you are interested in applying, please send us an up to date CV along with the appropriate completed application form to email@example.com. Application forms can be found below:
Click here for the application form for NHS applicants - Please note that NHS applicants need three references from current Senior NHS leaders who are working at Executive Director level.
Click here for the application form for Independent applicants - Please note that Independent applicants need three references from current Senior NHS leaders who are working at Executive Director level, plus one other further reference.
2. Do I need NHS experience to apply?
Yes, all applicants need to demonstrate that they have recent experience of working in the NHS at AfC band 8d or above.
3. I will be leaving the NHS shortly, can I still become a pool member?
You will be able to join NHS IMAS as an independent applicant. You need to confirm that your contract does not prevent you from working in the NHS for a period of time after leaving.
4. I do not work in the NHS, can I still become a pool member?
Yes, we accept applications from independents who have extensive experience of working in the NHS at AfC band 8d or above.
5. How do I know what assignments are available?
Due to the sensitivity of the enquiries we receive we do not advertise available assignments. We will contact pool members with available assignments that are appropriate to their skills and experience.
6. How do you match me to a possible assignment?
We receive requests for interim support from all areas across the NHS and we carefully match the client requirements to pool member’s skills, experience and strengths. We use the information provided during the registration process to identify suitable candidates and we contact the pool member to discuss an assignment opportunity with them before we forward any information to the client.
7. How am I supported whilst on an assignment?
Every assignment is allocated an NHS IMAS Partner who, where appropriate, will take responsibility for managing and coaching the assignment team. There is also the opportunity of having an NHS IMAS Partner as a mentor during your assignment. The core team is on hand to support the pool member through regular contact to assist with any issues and queries they may have.
8. How do I get paid?
As an NHS pool member – your substantive employer will continue to pay your salary. They will then invoice the receiving organisation to cover the time the pool member spends on assignment.
As an independent pool member – you will invoice the receiving organisation directly.
9. Will I be contracted to NHS IMAS?
All contracts or secondment agreements will be held between the pool member's host organisation and the client organisation.